I was tagged by the lovely Louise of Birds and Lilies to do the Vogue’s 73 Questions post and since I have seen Blake Lively‘s video on it I said why not. Check out Louise’s version as well and here is my favorite version of 73 questions with Lupita Nyong’o:
Here are my questions and answers;
1. What’s your favorite movie?
I have so many that it’s hard to narrow it down so here are six;
Bend it Like Beckham, Pretty in Pink, Breakfast At Tiffany’s, West Side Story, Sabrina and Two Weeks’ Notice.
2. Favorite movie in the past five years?
Big Hero Six
3. Favorite Hitchcock film?
4. A book you plan on reading?
My whole library because I haven’t been reading books lately (I know that’s horrible but it’s been articles and blogs)
5. A book that you read in school that positively shaped you?
Flowers for Algernon
6. Favorite TV show that’s currently on?
7. On a scale of one to ten, how excited are you about life right now?
8. iPhone or Android?
9. Twitter or Instagram?
10. Who should EVERYONE be following right now?
Me on a good day. @luvvie Luvvie Ajayi (Awesomely Luvvie) every other day.
11. What’s your favorite food?
Mom’s food. Second best, is Indian food.
12. Least favorite food?
Anything Andrew Zimmern is eating.
13. What do you love on your pizza?
Fresh basil, and pepper flakes.
14. Favorite drink?
15. Favorite dessert?
Pistachio ice cream
16. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
Usually, dark baker’s chocolate in cookies.
17. Coffee or tea?
18. What’s the hardest part about being a mom?
Sleep deprivation would be my choice but I’m not a mom.
19. What’s your favorite band?
Too many favorites, it depends on what mood I’m in. Mostly 80’s and early 90’s R&B I guess.
20. Favorite solo artist?
Bruno Mars, Yuna or Adele.
21. Favorite song?
Someone Who Can by Yuna
22. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would it be?
23. If you could master one instrument, what would it be?
24. If you had a tattoo, where would it be?
Not a fan of tattoos.
25. To be or not to be?
26. Dogs or cats?
27. Bird-watching or whale-watching?
Either, nature in any form.
28.The best gift you’ve ever received?
My family, because without them I wouldn’t be me even with all their dysfunction.
29. The best gift you’ve ever given?
The gift of my time….
30. Last gift you gave a friend?
A ticket to a show
31. What’s your favorite board game?
Don’t have one.
32. What’s your favorite country to visit?
33. What’s the last country you visited?
34. What country do you wish to visit?
So many, France, Japan, Chile, Argentina, Morocco, Ghana, and the rest of the United States.
35. What’s your favorite color?
Blue and black.
36. Least favorite color?
Can’t think of one.
37. Diamonds or pearls?
38. Heels or flats?
39. Pilates or yoga?
40. Jogging or swimming?
41. The best way to de-stress?
Yoga and a hot shower.
42. If you had one superpower, what would it be?
43. What’s the weirdest word in the English language?
44. What’s your favorite flower?
That’s too hard, tiger lilies, tulips and gerbera daisies.
45. When was the last time you cried?
Two days ago.
46. Do you like your handwriting?
Yes, when I’m not rushing.
47. Do you bake?
Yes, not as much as I would like.
48. What is your least favorite thing about yourself?
My need to please.
49. What is your most favorite thing about yourself?
My sense of humor.
50. Who do you miss most?
51. What are you listening to right now?
Yala by M.I.A.
52. Favorite smell?
Freshly cut grass or fabric softener.
53. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
54. Who was the last person you sent a text to?
Another best friend.
55. A sport you wish you could play?
56. Hair color?
57. Eye color?
58. Scary film or happy endings?
59. Favorite season?
60. Three people alive or dead that you would like to have dinner with?
Malcolm X, Jesus, and Grandma, I want to be inspired by fighters.
61. Hugs or kisses?
One isn’t complete without the other.
62. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
63. Where were you born?
64. What is the farthest you have been from home?
65. Sweet or savory?
Need balance so both.
66. Lipstick or lip gloss?
67. What book have you read again and again?
68. Favorite bedtime story?
Don’t remember bedtime stories.
69. What would be the title of your autobiography?
Do you really think this will fit in a novel?
70. Favorite sound?
Birds chirping and rain falling.
71. Favorite animal?
72. Who is your girl crush?
Beyoncé, Gwen Stefani, Lupita Nyong’o, and I’m sure there are more I’m just drawing a blank.
73. Last photograph you took?
This one in Washington Square Park in the freezing cold.
And anyone else who thinks it would be fun, so link back to me so I can read your answers.
Until our next rendezvous,