Ever since I started blogging, it has been a goal of mine to explore New York City as much as physically possible. When I started I didn’t know many other bloggers in my area except for the ones I’ve met through photography and writing classes. It was a great surprise to see how many other New York bloggers there were. I know that it is silly of me to think that I was the only one out here in Gotham but besides large publications, I naïvely didn’t know where to look. Little by little, time passed and I felt that I had my blogging foundation set up properly, after all my WordPress classes. I googled New York bloggers and my search popped up so much more than I could count on my two hands.
After meeting my sweetheart classmates, Danielle from the Thought Card, Jan from Jan Doodles and Rob from Soundtrack of A Photograph, almost two years ago, I’ve tried to network outside of my comfort zone. And I’ve been happily inspired and encouraged by the bloggers I’ve found and met.
This past April, we were all invited to meet up by Jess from Used New York, to exchange blog horror stories and tips while breaking bread at Medi Wine Bar in Manhattan. It felt great to vent with others who were essentially going through the same rigors that I was or had the advice to give about getting through it. All of the blogs cover New York City from a different vantage. Some bloggers are lifelong New Yorkers, some were transplants, but everyone wrote lovingly from their view of what is now home.
Five NYC Bloggers To Love
- Effervescent Jess from Used York City blog, and her team cover restaurants, events, art, shopping, and travel within and outside the city. She shows you how to “use ” New York like a local and show me new things every time I read.
- Charming Mary from Mary in Manhattan blog, posts about happenings, food, travel, lifestyle, and budget friendly events. A woman after my own heart, she’s on a budget. She even makes planning easy by putting noteworthy events in a weekly schedule format. Easy peasy!
- Lovely Becca from Tea with B blog, writes about her quest for the best treats, and restaurants around the city, along with a sprinkle of beauty reviews in the mix.
- Lynn and Justin, the charming duo from MadHattersNYC, pair restaurants with events in NYC to set your whole day on the right foot. Need a plan for the day? They’ve got you covered.
- Entertaining Mary Lane from New York Cliché blog writes about events, life, opinions, and finding love in the big city. Sort of like an actual Carrie Bradshaw, if Sex and the City weren’t full of ridiculous plot holes with lapses in reality.
Aren’t they a cool looking bunch? For honorable mentions, I have to add two more that weren’t at the meetup. Susan at Finding NYC , Lauren from Wind Up Travels (exception for close by NJ), and Tracy from Tracy’s New York Life.
Explore New York With Other New Yorkers, But Don’t Leave Me!
I think I’ve set you up lovely if you are looking for New York bloggers to keep you in the know.
Have you heard of any of the bloggers on my list? You can never be bored in New York again with this list. Check them out, and let me know all about it in the comments below. Keep following me for my next adventure, and don’t forget to subscribe.
Until our next rendezvous,