Art is an incredibly important part of our lives as human beings–and most of us don’t even know it! While there are a lot of people that fully immerse themselves in art and can embrace all of the unique qualities of a piece of artwork, there are others who haven’t dedicated the time and effort to understanding or appreciating art. But those people aren’t lesser than anyone else–they just need to have their eyes opened!
One area where you can learn to love art is interior design. If you’ve ever worked on interiors then you’ll know just how effective a simple piece of art can be when it comes to transforming your interiors. So in this post, we’re going to talk about the importance of art in interior design and also give you a few tips on how to make use of it.
Why is art important for interior design?
When it comes to interior design, there are a number of concepts that we follow in order to create beautiful rooms. These same concepts can be displayed with art, and here’s how.
- Art adds texture. Different types of artwork can add different kinds of textures, adding variety to your rooms.
- Art adds color. Color is important because it’s expressive, it adds visual interest, and it can be combined with other elements in your home to create a harmonious design.
- Art adds more stuff to your room. Empty walls and shelves can make a room feel boring and unfinished. Art is a brilliant way to fill up a room and add more interest.
- Art draws your attention. Art has the power to create focal points in your rooms, drawing your eyes to a certain space.
- Art is expressive. You can be expressive with your interior design by picking different colors, patterns, and textures, and choosing things that you personally love.
How to transform your home with art
So now that we’ve explained why art is so important for your home, here are a few tips on how to embrace it in your interior design ideas.
- Don’t be afraid to go to art galleries and exhibits for ideas. Bloggers like Freddi Wald are a great source of information for this. You’ll find that many of these exhibits can be incredibly inspiring and give you wonderful ideas.
- Experiment with different colors and designs. Don’t just stick with a single type of artwork and look at magazines and websites for new ideas. If you’re unsure whether something will work, you can always test things out with mobile apps or design software.
- Be wary of the price, but don’t let it put you off. Some art pieces are going to be expensive, some statues are going to be out of your price range, and there will be furniture that is ridiculously expensive. However, you have to expect to pay a little more for something utterly unique.
Art is a wonderful addition to any home, so I hope that this article has served to inspire you even just a little to try something different in making your home more aesthetically pleasing.
Until our next rendezvous…